Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pathway of Pain...Brennan's Brigade

PATHWAY OF PAIN
Author: Helen Steiner Rice




If my days were untroubled and my heart always light,




Would I seek that fair land where there is no night?




If I never grew weary with the weight of my load,




Would I seek for God’s peace at the end of the road?




If I never knew sickness and never felt pain,




Would I search for a hand to help and sustain?




If I walked without sorrow and lived without loss




Would my soul seek solace at the foot of the cross?




If all I desired was mine day by day,




Would I kneel before God and earnestly pray?




If God sent no winter to freeze me with fear,




Would I yearn for the warmth of spring every year?




I ask myself these and the answer is plain,




If my life were pleasure and I never knew pain -




I’d seek God less often and need Him much less,




For God is sought more often in times of distress.




And no one knows God or sees Him as plain -




as those who have met Him on the "Pathway of Pain"






I read this poem on a facebook post last night.




a little ten year old boy recently lost his battle with brain cancer. His name was Brennan Daigle.




I saw him on the news once. He was an inspiration to all who knew him. He had a great faith and a pure heart. He started a movement called, Brennan's Brigade. He rallied courage and hope for over forty thousand people. His facebook page has over forty thousand people from all over the nation and all over the world.




I cried last night. I couldn't imagine what his family is going through. But even through it all, they posted this amazingly beautiful poem that speaks of courage and hope.




Even in death, God can still dip his finger into what seems to be chaos and bring Light.




Brennan is in Paradise, smiling down on his family.




I didn't know him but his story touched my life.




I didn't know him, but I'll see him one day.




I'll say, "Thanks little Brennan for your courage. Thanks little Brennan for your inspiration. Thank you for showing the world that even in tragedy, there is still a Light. I love you little Brennan."




God Bless the family of little Brennan Daigle. What a huge amount of Light such a small boy can carry!




Read some posts like this one...just hoping they will help someone

























http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110308/ts_yblog_thelookout/wish-comes-true-for-cancer-stricken-10-year-old-inducted-into-army




































No comments:

Post a Comment