Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Baby Bootie Ministry

The other day I received a pair of slippers from a family member that I hardly know. As I was wearing these hand-made, crocheted slippers, a thought occured to me. How each pull of the thread was an act of love. How each gentle tug on the needle, required time, patience and love. The entire act of making anything from scratch is an act of giving. A giving of oneself, so to speak.

As I was pondering this, A beautiful idea came to me. Divinely inspired. To bring light into the life of new mothers. To take them baby booties to the hospital, an act of love, and simply let them know how much Jesus loves them. I am going to write a letter to these mothers. Today I ordered close to one hundred pairs of hand-made crocheted cute little baby booties. My Uncle Ray was very generous in donating 26 pink women's Bibles. Thank you Uncle Ray! I am praying that Jesus will bless you. I also ordered 50 small books, only 2 dollars apiece, entitled, "God's Word for Mothers." I am believing God that lives will be changed.

There are times when I read the news and I see children, infants being abused. The news is always highlighing a crime against children. I think that if new mother's and father's had the hope of Jesus in thier life, so many abuses could be prevented. I have seen the transforming power of Jesus. I am a mother of two beautiful boys. These boys are my heart. I love them beyond words. There was a time in my life, however, when I was in such great despair that my life was consumed with anger, hurt. I was defined by my emptiness. During this time, I often overlooked the needs of my children and everyone else around me. Don't get me wrong. I loved them with all of my being. But my mind was consumed with worry, fear, depression. It wasn't until I truly trusted Jesus with my life that I began to appreciate and see the beauty in the people around me. The time I have with my children is so much more meaningful now that my worry, fear, anger, and depression are gone.

So please say some prayers for this endeavor. If anyone would like to volunteer to help bring these items to the hospital, send me an email...letmewashyourfeet@yahoo.com Or if you would like to donate a Bible, or feel led to write your own letter of encouragement, let me know.

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb", Psalms 139:13

I just had an interesting thought. We are knit together. God hand-made us. He took the time to make us by hand. Wow!



Maybe I will take the time to learn how to crochet or knit. I never have been good with my hands. I have a talent for writing and singing. But there are some that are good with thier hands. Each of us has a unique and beautiful talent. God Bless those that make things and then use what they make for good purposes.










No comments:

Post a Comment