Total Pageviews

Monday, April 11, 2011

Letter to all of the boys at Boys Village

Boys Village is a local facility that houses children . I get so sad when I think about children that lack guidance. Children that are hurting. Children that may or may not have been through abuse. I have a special and deep respect for those people that adopt or foster children such as these. Jesus put this special group of people on my heart. Not only the Boys at Boys Village, but in local orphanages, as well. There is a place in Sulphur, called the Children's Methodist Home. It is a place for children to go who have been abused or forgotten. Children are waiting through all of the red tape to find someone to love them. :( There are so many ways to reach these children. We just have to make an effort to do it. Make a phone call. See how you can help. I know that Boys Village offers spiritual counseling. Volunteers. They are need of items to keep the Boys entertained.

Today, I am writing these special boys a letter. A letter to let them know that they are cared for. That the name Jesus isn't just a word. He is a force. He is that Love that they crave...... I think the letter will read something like this...

You don’t know me, but I wanted to let you know that you are cared for and loved. Love. It seems as if the word has taken on some strange meanings today. But to me, Love is a continual giving of oneself. The ability to see past our own difficulties and look into the life of someone else and see their hurt. Jesus gave me that love. I simply want to share it with you today. To let you know that there is hope for your life. To let you know that you aren’t bad kids. You aren’t what some people would have you to believe. You are special. You are loved.

Each of us has a uniqueness. Some people’s uniqueness gets torn apart by others. But hold onto what makes you special. Let no one take it from you. Maybe you have the ability to lead. Or to listen. To sing. My ability is the ability to love. Jesus gave me a great capacity for love. It is through that love, that I can honestly say, I don’t know you but I care about your life. I care about what happens to you. I care about what you have been through.

I remember when I was a child. I was nice to everyone. I would sometimes get teased and bullied. For a while, I let it kill my ability to love. Instead, I often wanted to runaway or hide. I didn’t have a close relationship with my family. I would often look to relationships to find happiness. To find that sense of completeness. Or to things. Some look to drugs. But I would never find it. I searched through many different avenues to find happiness, but I found nothing. I would be temporarily satisfied at times. But there was always this huge gaping hole of emptiness and despair. I was listening to the lies.

I didn’t find true and complete happiness until I began to trust Jesus with my life. Not just to Believe in Him. But to Trust in Him. It was then that I found a sense of true and complete peace. I get so sad about how many people don’t believe. They have been told lie after lie after lie. Jesus has been made fun of on television. His name has been dragged through the mud by people that claim to know Him but continually hurt others. I can honestly say that I know Him.

I wasn’t always a Christian. I have two academic degrees and used to have many questions. But I have seen things that reason and science cannot explain. I have sought and I have found. Jesus is a very real and a very powerful love.

Today I speak a Blessing into your life: It is that you will seek Him. You will accept Him into your life. That you will know that you have a plan and a purpose for you life. That you will know that no matter how hard or difficult life may seem, you will know that there is a Light. And that Light is Jesus. And He is there for those like you. Those that have been hurt. Those that may feel as if no one cares. Those that feel alone or empty. I could write and write and write for days about the things I’ve seen and experienced. But I want you know that you are in my prayers. I love you.

One thing that I was thinking of the other day is touch. A warm gentle hug. A pat on a shoulder. A simple grasping of a hand. In todays, society..touch has become a taboo. Something that we don’t do. Society has twisted an innocent act of love. But a simple touch is something that we all need or crave. So today across the miles, I reach out to simply touch your hand. I put my hand upon your shoulder and I tell you that you are worth something. You are beautiful. You are loved. Please know that people will often disappoint us. Churches will sometimes even disappoint us. But Jesus is there for us. He loves us. I know that many things happen in life that we don’t understand. I’ve seen a darkness that wants to destroy lives. But I have seen the true Light of Jesus and the more I pursue it, the more understanding I have. The greater the peace. The more real the purpose. And I am seeing that life is a beautiful thing. Not always easy. But beautiful. If anyone would like a copy of a Bible or a special prayer or just to be heard, email me at letmewashyourfeet@yahoo.com Sincerely, Rachelle

P.S. know that no matter what you have done, Jesus died so that you can be forgiven. Also, seek His Word. There is a truth in it that you can find nowhere else. Lastly, stay pure and off of drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment