Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Heaven Grows?







Matt.13:31-32 Another parable put He forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: 32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.





I was reading the above verse one night and a strange thought occured to me. I began to wonder if heaven grows. I know it sounds strange, but listen.


One night I had this dream. I spoke of it in several other posts. But it was more than a dream. It was an experience. In this dream, Jesus was showing me this beautiful, small glowing light. It was white and gold and very brilliant. In the presence of this beautiful light, I felt more peace and more joy than I have ever known. Sometimes, just thinking of this Light. I long for It. That light is Jesus. It is what heaven is made of, in a sense. Of this Light. This joy. This unexplainable peace.


when I awakened I asked Jesus what the dream meant. He told me, that God is described as a Light. As Christians, each of us has that light within us, and it up to us to share it with others. He then reminded me of the immense peace and joy I felt in the prescence of such a small light. He told me to multipy that times millions and that is the feeling of Heaven.


When I read that scripture a few nights later, I saw how our lives are small seeds. Like a tiny mustard seed. But as Jesus waters us, we grow. As we spread His Love by Doing His Works, that Light within us Grows. So I wonder and this is just a thought...as Christians, spreading the Light, Do we cause Heaven to grow a little bigger and brighter with every good work?


Is heaven a fixed place? Or does it's size, it's depth, it's magnitude grow with the spreading of Light?


Just a thought. I believe in the Bible. Every word. Every sentence. But I can imagine.








No comments:

Post a Comment