Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Prayer for a friend....

I have had numerous friends over the years. We would often speak of beliefs and religion. I told one of these friends that I believed in Jesus. He, however, said that he had no reason to believe. He had looked at the lives of those around Him. The church goers. He saw the people that were supposed to be represting Christ, partying, living it up. He saw these "Christians" engage in deciet and lies.

I have another friend that has seen pastors. Pastors! engaged in adulterous affairs. All too often we see people that are supposed to represent Jesus, fail. To me it is so sad. As Christians, people look up to us. People look at our lives as an example of how we are to live. When they see us lying, or hurting others, it is a slap in the face to One we serve.

There is a commandment that many do not take seriously. "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord God in Vain." To me this means, that we are not to come in His name. To claim to be Christians, and then take Him for Granted by lying, by hurting others. By casting judgement and hatred on others. It is no wonder many Christians are despised. Look at the examples that so many of them have set. Walking in paths of darkness, not realizing that people are watching our lives. But it is never too late to turn things around. As Christians, we must commit to doing right. To realize that the fate of many around us, could very well rest in our example. I pray that others can look to my life and say, "Oh, that is what it is all about. That is what a Christian is supposed to be."

I know I'm not perfect. I have made some serious mistakes in the past, but I pray that I can lead by example." Many of the friends that I spoke of, are amazing people. They have beauty inside them that is undiscovered. My prayer is that they can see the Light of Jesus in me so that will come to Him. That thier lives will flourish. That all of the pain that they have will subside and be replaced with a new hope, a new joy, and a firm belief that Jesus is thier Maker. My prayer is that they will know His Love. They will seek His ways. They will be satisfied and they will be whole. Please take a moment to say a prayer for these beautiful friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment