Total Pageviews

Friday, April 29, 2011

Victim

Yesterday, I began to feel like a victim. There is so much unfairness in the world. People who will rentlentlessly use others to accomplish thier own agenda...meet thier own needs.

There are so many times in life when we will be used as stepping stones.
Right now I'm in a situation, I'm not going to give the details of it now..but I'll tell some of what I've been through when I tell my story....

anyway, I'm in a situation.

When I look at the situation with my "human" eyes...I see myself as a victim. There are days, which are very few and far between now...thanks to Him, when I look on all that has been done and I think, How? How, Jesus? How will this ever change?

Some days I feel the victim....

But today, I chose not to.

I chose to simply trust.

I refuse to listen to the Lies. It's true,, I could choose to dwell on past hurts....but today I choose not to.
I choose to Trust in Him. I know that my past is littered with pain and hurt, but today I am choosing to believe. To have faith. Because Jesus already told me that things will change.

It's hard though. It's hard to look at life, and things have been done...and to choose to "let it go."
It's so very hard. But it's possible. and there is a beauty in the "letting go."

Yesterday I learned something interesting....psalms 118 is in the center of the Bible. At the very heart of the bible, the center....It says not to put our trust in Man, But in God...

men will disappoint us...that is a story in itself...men will take advantage..men will easily allow us with opportunities to play the victim...but not today....today is a new day....Today I am an overcomer. Today, even though things don't make sense, I put my trust in God.
Not in man.

Today, I am not a victim.

1 comment:

  1. Many people are disappointed when they trust in man(men). They almost always disappoint, but Jesus never disappoints. Look only to the creator of the universe, who never fails us, even when continually fail Him

    ReplyDelete