Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gettin a makeover. Time to spruce it up.

Lately, I've been pondering a makeover. It's not a necessary thing. I've never been one to obsess over my looks. I hate high heels. I'm not one that wears makeup everyday. Right now I have a pair of tennis shoes that I bought for a dollar at a garage sale. I make decent money at work. I just haven't invested in my physical appearance lately. But I think that I might upgrade just a tad. It's sad how people judge us by our physical appearance. I want people to listen to what I have to say. Because I have something to say. And the things I have to say are things that are important. Things that matter. I don't want someone that doesn't know me to look at my garage sale one dollar shoes and assume that I lazy. But conversely, I think that as a Christian woman I shouldn't go out and buy ridiculously overepriced clothing and accessories. Everything in moderation, i guess. Sadly, people will judge regardless. I just think I'm ready for a new look. One thing I don't want to do: cater to a level of shallowness. So many people, it seems have too much of a desire to make a specatacle of themselves. To wear clothes that draw attention to thier parts. We are more than the sum of our parts. So my new look will be one of modesty with a hint of class.

No comments:

Post a Comment